I finally got both my printers running again, the Hippie was pretty easy, it just needed a new hotend as the thermistor on the current one (which is over a year old) broke.
The Bumblebee II I was switching back to the E3D V6 hotend, and I was finally able to get it to print reliably and consistently. I think the whole issue was related to my extruder, up until a few months ago I had been using a Maker Gear geared extruder and it had tons of torque so adjusting it wasn't that critical. I switched to a Bulldog XL after the planetary gear was worn out in the Maker Gear extruder, and I had been struggling with getting consistent prints. Half way through the print the filament would stop feeding, or it would strip it out. I did some experiments with temperature and filament tension on the Bulldog and finally got the right settings. I have to run the E3D a little hotter probably because of the active cooling, but the prints have been coming out great finally.
I started working on the onboard power system for the lighting and the Raspberry Pi and the lighting sections are working fine, but the Pi doesn't seem to be working correctly. I need to pull out a monitor and keyboard and test it tonight, I'm not sure if it's not delivering enough current, but I also ordered 1.5a 7812 and 7805 chips from Mouser just so they won't run as hot.