Finally got some free time this week to work on some of my project backlogs.
First I was able to complete my Libelle DLG completed, and I have to say that it went together very easily. This is a high quality kit, and the only modifications I had to do was trim one of the servo shafts a little bit because it was too long, and notch the rear housing for clearance for the linkage. I have it all balanced up with 18g of lead in the nose (well lead substitute ;) ). It's all setup and ready to go for it's first trim flights which I'll probably do tomorrow, as it's the first non-rainy, non-muddy non-freezing day we've had since I finished it!
I also worked on my printer, the Hippie had a problem with a bad auto-leveling servo. I think the one I used was one I abused in one of my robots, so I got a brand new one and installed it, and just had to make a minor adjustment to the bed leveling height and it's printing again great!
I need to re-work the next Arduino class at the ham club, as I'm having reservations about including a frequency counter in our VFO. I like having an amplifier in the box, and I've got the parts coming to make a simple one that we can put on the breadboard. But I want to do more with the Frequency counter, and I'd like to make it as compact as I can, so I think we'll put it in a different box by itself.
Tomorrow I'm going to test fly the Libelle, and hopefully do some first launches with it. I still need to add a dedicated launch button to my radio, but for now I'll just practice my 'flings' without the launch button.
I'm also going to reinstall the E3D V6 hot end in the Bumblebee II as I think the problem with it stopping extruding about 20 minutes into the print was because I was being too conservative with the tension settings on the extruder. I was having the same problem with a J-head and discovered another turn made it operate reliably, so I'm going to use the E3D again because I really like that hot end. I also purchased a 24v fan so I won't have to worry about step down voltage converter for a 12v fan.
Stay tuned for pictures of the Libelle!!!